Fabricademy Final Project – Chair Designs & maquettes
Fabricademy Final Project – Main
Fabricademy Final Project – Chair Research & Development
Sketches and studies
- Looking at folds
- Creation of moulds using everyday items
- Looking at bending and flexible forms
I’ve been making Origami boxes for over 5 years now.
I decided to make the boxes to show/ explore what a flatpack or modular or stackable design could be like.
I made these using paper which is scaled down by 5mm each step to create a compact structure
Based on my chair design research, I laser cut cardboard some designs that I created in Rhino based on the structures and designs I was trying to emulate.
Chair Designs with Rhino
- Working with points on curves
- Modular of individual to Conversational Chairs
Origami Chair concept
- Working with a flat pattern to 3D concept and back
- Look at support for chair
- Reclining back and sides
- Potential sections to integrate electronics
- How chairs would work ergonomically